Saturday, February 21, 2009

Poetry Hattie

We received notice that Hattie wrote a winning poem for the kindergarten grades and will be going on to some kind of district competition. Way to go Hattie! If one ever wondered what hattie is about...well, this poem sums it up nicely, GLITTER!

The Gold Glitter by Hattie Secrist

Glittery, glittery
all around me.
I spill the glitter on me
and I look like
I am wearing a gold dress.
I pretend I am at a ball
and my brother is my prince
and we dance together
while the music plays.
We are under the moon
and the stars sparkle like the glitter
in my dress.


*Dedicated to my new baby brother, West.

3 comments:

Brittani said...

so cute! i love her

Buddy said...

Beautiful. She is glittery herself.

Becky said...

Amazing for a kindergarten kid!! She is very talented! I'm all about glitter too!