Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Things to Teach My Son.

A New Year is upon us and I've been pondering on some of the most important lessons I've learned thus far in my life. There are many, however, some are more age applicable to my children. So, here are a few I hope to teach my Son (some work for the gals too). I am pulling from another source (which is one thing I've learned - someone, somewhere, somehow has figured it out before me, written it out before me, and probably done it better). The book: http://www.rulesformyunbornson.net/

  1. Make sure your clothes fit properly. It is not about how much you spend on clothes but proper fit, the impression left is worth it. Fit matters.
  2. Nothing good ever happens after 12am. Go home.
  3. Spend time with your mother. She's cooler than you think.
  4. Passion will always lead you to success. Passionate people who aim high and dream big always win.
  5. Socks are not necessary in the Summer, no matter how formal the occasion. This bit of knowledge was liberating!
  6. Learn to tie a bow tie.
  7. When shaking hands, grip firmly and look him in the eye.
  8. Don't be afraid to ask out the best lookin' girl in the room.
  9. Surprise your Dad at the office. Trust me, whatever I am doing is not as important as you.
  10. And NUMBER ONE: There is something bigger than yourself at work here. Trust God and know you are a better man for it.