Hey blog readers...(hi Mom!), it's Ry. We've been off the blog circuit for a bit due to the captain of our ship succumbing to good ol' H1N1 and Strep Throat. In almost 10 years (has it been that long, time flies when one is havin' fun) of marriage I don't believe I've ever seen Taani so sick. Nor have we had three kids before, so by Friday 5pm I was shouting from the rooftops, "TAANI, I LOVE YOU! Please rid yourself of the swine flu and resume your position of master of all things Secrist!" I have always known, but now I really know that Taani leaps tall buildings in a single bound daily. I whined and cried as I tried leaping those same buildings but wasn't clearing the third floor. Here's what I am grateful for from last week:
- Her conversations. When she had strep and couldn't talk I didn't like one sided conversations. I realize we talk a lot. Severe soar throat means no talking. Not good. EVERYTHING I do gets talked about with her, so it stunk to sit there talking without profound words of wisdom coming back from the other side.
- Her beautifully orchestrated mornings from food, hair, clothes and lunches. As I dropped Hattie off at school I notice one massively limp strand of hair from my feeble attempt to curl her hair (I gave up after that one attempt but didn't do anything about it - just left it limp and hanging off her head). I was waiting for a call from CPS all day that day.
- Her amazing dinners. She is a master with food and we eat really well. I have always appreciated her infatuation with Ina Garten and ability to make amazing things. Well, her talents in the kitchen were missed.
- But above all else I missed her whit and wisdom. We do everything together and we are best friends and I felt a bit like a lone ranger which I did not like one bit. We are partner's in crime.
- She isn't paid enough. From all the school events to taxi service she should demand a raise or walk off the job.
She's back and doing well. She is a rockstar. I love ya babe!
3 comments:
I am glad you guys survived!
We're glad too! I've missed my mountain buddy! May Ryan stay swine flu free!!!
I appreciate me some Taani too. I'm so glad that everyone is on the upswing this week! And I wanted to say that I use the Ina Garten cookbook that Taani got us regularly. She's amazing, thanks for a sweet post.
Post a Comment