It's Ryan. Today is a great day. I am often invited to speak at ASU at least once a semester by a past client/professor. It's a great opportunity to explore why owning a home is part of the American Experience and why we seek so diligently after it. We also discuss how pricing impacts a community. During the boom many teachers, public servants and artists were priced out of communities (like Tempe) that they have always called home. And now, they can come back. Pricing has an interesting impact on a community. Well, today is the day I speak.But today I get to add a bit about the first time home buying process. That led me back to this great pencil sketch our REALTOR had done for us before we moved from Chicago to Arizona. This picture hangs prominently in my office. I'm proud of this home.
That first night we spent without furniture and in sleeping bags. I remember Taani falling asleep and laying there wide-eyed with a very satisfied feeling that we owned a slice of the universe.
Ahhh...our beginnings of the American Dream.
No comments:
Post a Comment