Sunday, August 24, 2008

GOT THE T-SHIRT!

Taani scored tickets to the Dave Matthews concert last night. Aside from running way past our bedtime, we had a total party! It was held at the Cricket Pavillion which is an outstanding outdoor ampitheatre and contributed to the excitement of the night. This truly is one of the great bands of our era! His concerts are my favorite.

Dave and his band are true musicians. They sound better live than on CD which is saying a lot since so many "artists" these day are corporate conceptions with no talent (apparent when one hears a live performance).

Can you name the song in the video below?

Our un-scientific study: We realized we went to a concert while Taani was carrying Hattie - Harry Connick at the Chicago Theatre. Incidentally, when Hattie needed calming as a young newborn, big band music did the trick. No concerts while Neeley was being carried (which could explain something), and then last night it was Dave Matthews for our upcoming child (due in Jan). PERFECT! Can't wait for those "calmings." I volunteer in advance.

I've gotta sing in Church today. With all the screaming and cheering, I hope I'll sound ok.

Happy Sunday.

2 comments:

Brittani said...

you sounded great singing today in church Ryan. I loved it. thank you

Cami said...

I will support your un-scientific music study. I was way into country back when I was preg. with Ethan and would scrapbook in the evening while listening to George Strait, Dixie Chicks, Faith Hill etc. etc. To calm him down after he was born all we had to do was put on some country and he was good to go. The power of music!