Monday, September 15, 2008

A Quilt for a Soldier



Go Taani Go! Hattie's kindergarten teacher has a relative going off to serve in Iraq. He came and spoke to the kids in her class. From that they decided to make him a quilt. So...Taani went to school, obtained all the kids hand prints in the shape of hearts and put it all together today. What a great idea and a great way for five-year-olds to support our troops! Go Taani.
Article about solider in paper click HERE. This was Hattie's class.

2 comments:

The Barlow Brigade said...

Hey- its Kristin (Pettingill) I found your blog this morning and reading through made me remember how great of a guy you are. You seem to have an amazing life and I am happy you are doing so well. Your family is beautiful. I am going to keep reading if you don't mind. (I loved the anniversary card by the way) that is so a card my husband would get me). Props on the flowers too. We own a Flower Shop and good call on the Lily's

Cami said...

What a GREAT idea! That soldier will no doubt treasure the quilt.