So, with their Barbie poles the girls beg to do the same thing. Actually, they hound until I respond: "Dad, Dad, Dad, please, please, please get our fishing poles down, please, please, please..." Once in hand they head out to the front yard and work to get the rubber butterflies (of course) to the other side of the street. And to top it off...a race back to see who can pull them in first.
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Front Porch Fishing
When I was a kid my brother Reed and I would fish for hours off our front porch with the rubber training things on the end - the kind that help you hone your casting skills on dry land. We would have contests to see who could cast farther and then we would race to see who could bring them first. This entertained us for hours. Good memories...
So, with their Barbie poles the girls beg to do the same thing. Actually, they hound until I respond: "Dad, Dad, Dad, please, please, please get our fishing poles down, please, please, please..." Once in hand they head out to the front yard and work to get the rubber butterflies (of course) to the other side of the street. And to top it off...a race back to see who can pull them in first.

So, with their Barbie poles the girls beg to do the same thing. Actually, they hound until I respond: "Dad, Dad, Dad, please, please, please get our fishing poles down, please, please, please..." Once in hand they head out to the front yard and work to get the rubber butterflies (of course) to the other side of the street. And to top it off...a race back to see who can pull them in first.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment