Monday, October 11, 2010

Jealous??

I am a huge believer that the Universe smiled on me Saturday. I went running with Ryan and cursed him the entire time. Not only was it mostly UPHILL!!! (I swear, it was!), it was hot, he packed gatorade (EWWW-too sweet!), things were jiggling where they have never jiggled before, and the kids who were riding their bikes ahead of us, grumped the entire time. That is the last time I do any kind of family run. NOT my idea of exercise or family fun. I think I even considered bringing homemade dinner to my 5 am running partner, Lindsey, just to thank her for putting up with my slacking recently and just to bribe her to not give up on me.

I whole heartedly embraced our friend Jeremy Larkin's philosophy that the best thing about running is when it is over.

Anyway, I came home from running so grumpy and miserable and for some reason, stepped on the scale. I certainly am not one to ever really weigh myself. I had a dificult experience with an anorexic roommate in college and saw how an obsession with the scale can actually derail your life in such a sad way. I actually don't think we should even own a scale.

BUT, I got on the scale anyway, and THIS is what it said!!!!!!!!


Jealous? Every woman in the universe needs my scale. The thought ran through my mind that it is saying LO because it is lo on batteries but I dismissed that ridiculous thought immediately and just KNOW it is because my scale was trying to make up for the terribly, grumpy run I just endured. I love you scale, don't ever die.

3 comments:

Tristen said...

I need one of those! Seriously!

The Bellyakers... said...

Hee hee hee. Great post. It be I who is the queen of slack. May 5 am be more inspiring than ever...even if that does mean we are up in the 4's!! Gross.

Drew and Tarah said...

Um..i LOVE this! Made me laugh out loud! And yes ma'am... I'm doing the 12k's of Christmas! woohoo!