Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Happy International Women's day!

I know it is a day late, but my sister found this and I couldn't resist copying. Too good to pass...


8marta.jpg


The 1932 Soviet poster dedicated to the 8th of March holiday.

The red text reads:

The 8th of March: A day of rebellion by working women against kitchen slavery.

The grey text in lower right reads:

Say NO to the oppression and vacuity of household work!"

I actually found a real explanation of this on wikipedia. Look it up, it actually sounds like a riot! To celebrate the holiday, I ran myself sore at 5am (which wasn't too hard to do, I haven't been in a while. Okay, a long while. hello????)

washed every sheet and blanket in the girl's room, cleaned out a closet, went to a school program, , shuttled kids around to all their after school activities, spent a good long while making dinner only to have not one person touch it, homework, piano practice, and finally falling to sleep at 8:30. Yep. 10 toes up by 8:30. Glamorous, I know.

Happy International Women's day to all women out there!



No comments: