Last time we were in Cali, mom showed Tris and I her straw bale gardens and we were so excited about it that we both went home and started our own. It took about two weeks to condition them and get them all ready for planting (notice the big white bag of ammonium sulfate?). The girls and Westy happened to get quite good at soaking them with water every day.
I planted mine a week ago. Here's what they looked like on the 15th of March. Lots of tomatoes, basil, dill, squash, even some strawberries. I probably should have planted lots of one or two things instead of one or two of a bunch of plants. I am growing quite a bit of tomatoes though. We're hoping for a bumper crop before the heat kicks up.
(Oh, this makes me so giddy) Here's what they look like today. One week later and I swear, no MiracleGrow! My little desert garden is happy and thriving!!! Can you see how fast things are growing? If you listen closely, you can hear all those little plants thank me for planting them in such a nice little garden.
3 comments:
I love it!! I love mine also, my tomatoes are starting to get so tall!! I'm so excited, time to start building the support system for them. I'm giddy about it all too. I did miracle gro yesterday, to give them a little boost. Woo hoo!
They look mahvelous!! Makes me want to start over again. Try planting around the sides of them too.
what??? how did you do this??
Post a Comment