Saturday, June 14, 2008

A GRAND Day!




We gaurded Thursday night for a little re-charge of the family batteries. The Phoenix/Tucson area has several high-end resorts that are enjoyable to steal away to during the summer heat - especially when they have a waterpark. The Arizona Grand Resort (http://www.thearizonagrandresort.com/) is about 10 miles from our home and boasts a really fun waterpark. With newly rennovated rooms (felt like we were in the tropics), a great lush location, a waterpark, and 10 minutes from home (saved on gas), we had a great day away. Down-time is always appreciated! And since it was off season (summer is off season with the resorts in PHX) we got a great price. We highly recommend it!
This is the waterpark. Ok, Taani and I tried the big drop slides. I guess we wanted to feel 15 again, but when we started over the edge for the fall we both realized at this point in our life we have nothing to prove. And now the only thing I have to show for my ride down the slide - a sore body. Sheesh.

2 comments:

Aprilyn said...

Those kinds of slides scare me now. I'm such a wimp these days!! Looks like you had a great family time. We just went swimming tonight at the Scera Waterpark. Fun, fun! It was hot but not hot like PHX.

Brynn said...

Sounds like you might be craving a good dose of the Wisconsin Dells!!! I know, I know - it's the greatest place! We can meet you there for Thanksgiving...