Saturday, June 14, 2008

Succulent Smoothies


The Dad in this family is a huge fan of smoothies for a nutrition boost. The kids love them too. We down a lot of smoothies. Taani bought me this great book with some amazing smoothie recipes and now with my amazing blender we are serving up a storm daily. I thought I post a new favorite we discovered for dinner tonight:


POWER PUNCH:

1/2 cup soft silken tofu (we use extra soft)
1 1/4 cups pear nectar (I just use a can of pears with juice and pears - works fine)
1/2 cup frozen diced pineapple
1/2 frozen banana, sliced (throw your browning bananas in the freezer - they make for great smoothie fodder)
1 teaspoon lime juice

Combine the tofu and pear nectar in a blender. Add all the remaining ingredients. Blend until smooth.

Serves 2

**I add ground flaxseed or 2 tblsps of flaxseed oil.
**Double to serve more and so on...

From our family to yours - enjoy! Kids eating tofu without knowing it...it's great! They eat it up like candy.

2 comments:

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

I also always throw a handful of spinach in our smoothies and no one even knows. Baby Mia is allergic to wheat and eggs, so smoothies is our go-to breakfast.

Brynn said...

A tofu smoothie? Now that sounds appetizing!