Thursday, October 30, 2008

A Reflective Moment

As humans we must be creatures of habit. Every night I have the habit of walking the home, checking doors, turning out lights, adjusting the A/C (yup, still in October - yuck), and making sure the girls are good. Some nights I can just tell they melted in bed the hours before. This was one of those nights. They didn't even move when the flash went off right in their faces! Exhausted! We took them to the Fall Carnival at the school last night and I think that wore them out in conjunction with a full day. You will note the face painting from the Carnival on Neeley's face.

One of my favorite times as a parent is the "quiet time" in their room while they are asleep. I find myself standing over them, proud, nervous for the world they face, wondering if I am doing enough, praying for their success, praying they will be kind to others, and reflecting on our journey as a family. It's truly one of my favorite things in my day. Getting 'em to bed...not so much.


I received a call from Hattie's Vice Principal that she was being recognized as a "good citizen and student." He called me at work and said her teachers nominated her because she is a joy to have in class, a good student (she's gone from reading level 10 - 20 so far this year), a friend to all, and extremely helpful to her teachers. We all know this is due to her outstanding MOTHER. I'm proud of little Hattie. She's a really good kid.

1 comment:

The Bellyakers... said...

Yea Hattie! She is so yummy!!