Wednesday, November 26, 2008

School Pictures 2008 & More Neeleyisms

Once and a while a picture comes a long that really tells the story - that would be Neeley's picture this year. I love this picture - it captures everything great about her personality. This will be the one in 20 years I wish I could hug and read stories to. We love her and she is a very, very important part of our family.

Dinner has been quite the adventure with Neeley lately. She's not afraid to tell us how she really feels about the food sitting in front of her. Well, on Monday night as we sat down to Taco Salad with homemade chips and tortillas from Carolinas (amazing for those of you who haven't been to this hole-in-the-wall place on the wrong side of the tracks), Neeley turned up her nose. Seriously, she doesn't love Taco Salad? Can she be part of the Peterson line? Well, with attitude she swiped her hand in front of her face - you know the swipe, the windshield wiper-like swipe with a head flip as if she has a little soul in her - and said, "I'm not eating one more freakin' bite."

Heaven help us.



Taani is particular about hair and our girls always look great going out the door. The photographer re-did Hattie's hair. I believe I should send a note into the company that did the shots and warn them NOT to mess with Mama's hair. But, this is the official Kindergarten picture! Hattie loves school. Today they were to have a Turkey Trot, but it was cancelled due to rain! After 90 days of sun, it rains on the day she is run her first race and she was so sad! She loves to run.

2 comments:

Tristen said...

The pictures are perfect! I'm furious that they re-did Hattie's hair!! If they do that to my kids, so help me... :) I'm not sure what it looked like before, but she sure looks beautiful to me!

The Neeley story is money. Love it.

Wish we could be with you guys over Thanksgiving!

Aprilyn said...

She looks great even if they did re-do her hair. How rude of the photographer!
The Neely story is great. She sounds like a spitfire girl!