Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Exhaustion

Okay, I SO should be getting kids hair done and ready for school, but by way of stalling, I just had to document this. Have I ever mentioned that I HATE the 5:00 evening hour? I absolutely despise that hour of my day. I am exhausted, Westy needs a lot of attention, dinner is usually burning (if it is even prepared), neighbor kids are all over my house, Ryan is still a long way from coming home, and in the rush of after school events, it looks as though a bomb went off in my kitchen. I'm usually at my WORST from 5-6, or 7.

However.....once my kids go to bed and my house is picked up and quiet, I'm a whole new person. I'm usually trying to get lunches made, backpack packed, clothes ready for the next day, and trying to regain my mental toughness to deal with the next day.

As I was shutting down the house last night, I grabbed my camera and had to document these. This is a normal sleeping position for Neeley. Actually, anything is normal with her. I have no idea what is happening in her brain.
And, by comparison, Hattie is perfectly asleep in her top bunk without even getting in the covers. She doesn't want to mess up her bed.

Westy has a small cold, so I propped the top part of his mattress up. Of course, he thinks it is different and fun so he plopped himself downward. Nice. Let all the fluids drain to his face.

3 comments:

Tristen said...

Love those kids.

Brittani said...

such sweet kiddos! i love love love that hattie won't mess up her bed. We are trying hard to teach ryann to sleep with her pillow

Beach_Crew said...

not to mention that Neener has to be reminded to us a fork when eating dinner. Never a dull moment Taani! Look what we started...