Monday, September 14, 2009

PEACHES!!

I think my "peach meter" is full. I love how every year we order our annual boxes of fresh fruit and eat our little hearts out. Last year, we ordered a 32 pound box full of beautiful Utah peaches and ATE THE ENTIRE THING! We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves last year, but we were pretty peached out. So this year, after some inspiration from Tristen, I decided to try my hand at bottling them. They turned out BEAUTIFULLY. In fact, so beautiful that no one is allowed to open them. Ever. They look too beautiful on the shelf. And if they do open a bottle, they must savor every single bite and have the following dialogue (out loud so I can hear): "Mom, these are SO delicious and worth all the time you put into it!"
Instead of just one box of peaches, we ordered two this year and I have even had enough to make quite a few batches of baby food and frozen sliced peaches for smoothies and cobbler. Next year though, I may just stick to one box of peaches.

4 comments:

Tristen said...

Those ARE GORGEOUS!!! I'm with you on the out loud dialogue. My kids are just not allowed to eat them, and Ken helped make them so he understands the need to taste every bite... :) Very cool, wish I would have frozen some for smoothies. Next year... :)

Sheri said...

Wow! I have been wanting to can peaches but I have heard they are a lot of work. I am lazy we will see if it happens this year.

The Bellyakers... said...

BEEEAAAUUTIFUL!! I have hidden our jar away for a treasured moment... and I will train my children as well about the correct response to each and every bite!!

Thank you!!

Becky said...

I think those would win the blue ribbon at the fair! You should enter them! I canned sooo many peaches with Nana & my mom growing up that I don't think I will ever do it again. Its fun to see the "art" of it isn't lost! Great job!!