Friday, March 18, 2011

St. Patricks Day

Yesterday morning we were in the middle of our normal getting ready routine. I was getting myself dressed and ready, kids were supposed to be cleaning their room (disaster! and a never-ending battle) and making their bed before we got breakfast on. I heard a loud scream from the girl's room and Neeley ran in screaming. She had somehow fallen from the top bunk onto her left arm. After doctor's appointments, x-rays, and a trip to the orthopedic doctor, we found out she has a minor fracture on her wrist and needed a cast. I thought the cast should be green for St. Patty's day, but alas, no green cast material.


We did end the day with a nice potluck at the park with friends.




4 comments:

The Captain said...

Oh No! She and Kyle should have a cast signing party together! Hope she feels better soon!

Tristen said...

Oh my gosh!! I had no idea!! Kiss the girl for me! Cute westie.

Kim said...

oh my goodness, poor neeley! she sports that cast well though, smile and all!

Brynn said...

Oh poor thing! Cassidy broke her arm falling out of her bed too - only it was a regular bed, not a bunk bed. Go figure. The worst part is that I kept telling her to stop complaining about her arm hurting! It wasn't until 2 days later that we found out it was broken. Great mom award.