Friday, May 16, 2008

BAD BOYS


I am running solo while Taani is in San Fran visiting the sister. After running to the airport early, getting myself dressed, kids dressed, hair done (not impressive in the least), lunches made, and hauling two kids tucked under each arm like a football we dashed to pre-school. I dropped them off, dashed to the office, joined meetings, meetings, & more meetings, picked kids up, hauled them to my sister's as I have clients in town, showed 12 homes, solved problems, picked the gals up, raced home, brushed teeth, sang songs (working on the Primary Children's Song Book), read stories, and kids put dad to bed (yes, you read correctly). Sigh. But I want to focus on "picking Neeley up from School."


Her teacher (a very dear friend of ours) pulls me aside (remember, I am in high gear today shuffling kids, managing clients, etc...) and says, "Neeley is starting to gravitate to the BAD boys in class." In my new role as Mega-Mom/Dad-Solve-Everything-Parent, I blurt out, "What do you mean by BAD?" She informs me that Neeley is drawn to the naughty boys that do outlandish things for attention. She feeds on them, loves their silliness and crazy behavior. I asked, "Does she do BAD things?" The answer was, "NO, she doesn't participate, is just in awe and they love the attention." Oh, ok, I think, she's just a groupie. Sigh of relief...
BUT WAIT...

Immediately my mind went to some teenage boy with a tatoo showing up on my doorstep, long hair, leather and asking to see teenage Neeley. I wanted to see these bad boys immediately and tell them to stay away from my daughter, she just learned how to keep her panties clean and dry!!!!


Pray for us.

1 comment:

Drews Family said...

I think that they had a mix up in heaven and sent Neeley to you on accident. I always knew that there was a girl missing in my family. Send her back to me please. BTW- were we not those BAD kids in preschool??? AnneMichelle