Thursday, May 22, 2008

FLASHBACK FRIDAY

It's FLASHBACK FRIDAY! Thanks Lindsay for the awesome idea. And oh, Taani is going to kill me. This may be my last blog. It's been fun while it lasted.

I'm going to post a few favorites from the Secrist Family archives - even pre-marriage gems I find. Today is a good mix of a few favorites. Pictures bring a flood of memories back just as much (if not more so) than words. Interesting where an image takes the mind...


And this mental trail aint pretty. Oh man, where to start. This is sick and wrong. Hey, we were just comin' off the Wang Chunging of the 80s. Excuse me, I thought I ordered the large pair of glasses.


I love this picture. She's cute. I am so dead...


The glory years. So hip. So cool. So fashionable. Note the big guy's hair. Yep, permed. I just can't go there - my Dad actually permed his hair? Go Fro - I guess that was our family motto that year. Yikes.



I love this picture. I took Hattie with me today as I completed a few work items. You know, I couldn't help watch her from a distance and wonder where time has gone. Time flies. She was a very hard baby - it would take about four hours to stop her crying each night and the only way we could get it done was bouncing her on a fit ball blasting big band music (rocking chairs and classical music were not her gig). Wow, its a tad easier now to get her to bed. Just a tad.



And lastly, our very FIRST home in Batavia, IL (suburb of Chicago). We've moved so many times in our marriage, but this home represents so much to us. This picture was taken after we put in a little landscaping. We love this home. I have an artists rendering hanging on my real estate office wall. It reminds me of my first personal experience buying and selling. It also reminds me of a very good time in life. We loved IL and the people around us. It is a strong reminder that simple is good and good people are to be found everywhere.

HAPPY FLASHBACK FRIDAY! Let's see this on other friends and family blogs. The challenge has been issued!!!

4 comments:

Aprilyn said...

I don't know why Taani would kill you for that. Your pictures are worse than hers!! LOL! I accept your challenge!

Tristen said...

Haha... I remember that we made Taani's shirt and earrings for that picture. I thought she was so cool. I love the 90's.

Aprilyn said...

OH, the 90's. That's so sad. I remember the 70's. You guys are so young.

Brad and Jenn said...

I love the old pictures!!! Too funny!!