Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween 2008

We had such a great time last night! Since my sister and her family moved to Arizona we've had a tradition of getting the cousins together for dinner and then hitting our area's streets (Ahwatukee) to trick-or-treat. We always go to the same neighborhood in our particular area because the loot is the best I've ever seen! Whole candy bars galore! I'm tellin' ya - we hit jack pot. And then the next morning comes and we (the parents) start plotting how we can slowly make all this junk disappear without the kids noticing, unfortunately part of our exit strategy seems to be consumption. Bummer.

Sophie, Ellie, Hattie and Neeley (a tinkerbell who applied her own lipstick)
Trick or Treat!

This holiday was made for Neeley! She figured out she could hit more houses and be more efficient if she ran from door to door. Soon she realized she could save time if she yelled (and this kid can yell) Trick-or-Treat while running up to the house. And then as soon as she grabbed handfuls (very embarassing) she would take off running and yell "Thank You" as she cut across the yard. The candy monster surfaced and she was focused and determined.


I love our area! Loads of people out, fire pits in driveways with lawn chairs, good times!

2 comments:

The Barlow Brigade said...

Ryan-- read my blog for a great way to get rid of the candy. New for me this year but it has worked beautifully.

www.barlowbrigade.blogspot.com

Kristin

Aprilyn said...

Great pictures! I love the all-by-myself lipstick. Looks like a fun evening. I've been eating way too much chocolate but it's sooo yummy!