Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Looking back


Last January, I declared to a family member that 2010 was going to be my coaster year--the year in which we simply just coast through, no big surprises, no moves, no job changes, not anything. Just living life. I have since decided that there is no such thing as a coaster year. It simply does not exist. Life is meant to be busy, full of happiness and heartache. 2010 proved to be just that.

Favorite Memories of 2010:

Westy turned one and just like the others, started walking on his birthday, Hattie was baptized in November, we rode horses in California, had to wrap our head around a fourth pregnancy only to go through an awful miscarriage, almost moved back to Chi-town, I made a billion bundt cakes for Tenille and Remington's wedding, Neeley and Hattie both won blue ribbons in swim team, spent a great fourth of July in Utah with family, Neeley started Kindergarten, I turned 31, Ryan's office is profitable!!!!, we made an endless amount of sack lunches, Tris and I may or may not have tried fake eyelashes, we trick or treated with cousins, I did Zoomba! (once-I don't think my body was designed to move that way), we bought a piano, cooked an awful lot, spent time with wonderful friends and family, and for some reason, habitually ran, swam, hiked or biked at 5 a.m.

May 2011 bring more wonderful memories! No coasting here!

2 comments:

*natalie said...

What a great post. We love you guys and are so happy you didn't move!

Loren & Brody said...

I heart you and miss you! I love reading your blog and we need to catch up better. Do you have an invite to mine? if not, email me @ loren_bonnett@hotmail.com PS-so sorry about your miscarriage. And yes, it ALWAYS needs more Cowbell! :)