The solo parent saga continues with Bruiser, my second daughter. What a morning! While cleaning up breakfast I hear Hattie scream, "Dad, Neeley has a comb stuck in her hair!" I turned my back for less than one minute and Neeley quickly picked a fight with a comb. She lost.
I tried everything. EVERYTHING! The comb was triple rolled. After 20 minutes of frustration and Neeley screaming/crying, we loaded up and headed for Supercuts. I forgot to take the camera, but shot this picture of the hardened criminal before taking her in for hair surgery. And don't you think I wasn't tempted to cut the thing out. Oh, was I tempted.
I love the workers at Supercuts. They were gentle, patient, and skilled. Not a hair was lost and Neeley (and Hattie) got a trim. Why not, we were already there?
The best part - walking into Supercuts there were several women having their hair cut and overheard me explaining how Bruiser fought a comb and lost. Instantaneously a unanimous moan bellowed forth with an understanding nod, as if they once were in my shoes. It was a bonding moment with a few unknown women.
And yes, AnneMichelle, I am raising you. I have you as a three-year-old. Guess what, I love it. She has spunk, just like you.
We pick Taani up from the airport tomorrow! We are so excited to see her. WE LOVE YOU MOM!
1 comment:
I'm glad Super Cuts was able to come to the rescue for you. I think you're SuperDad for watching the kids by yourself this long. My hubby couldn't do it. I'd come home to my 2 boys duct taped to the bed I think.
Post a Comment