Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Wow! Those Are My Parents?



My Mom just arrived from Utah. We are so glad to have her as Taani is heading out to Girls Camp and I have a packed work schedule. "Grandma Sherri" brought with her some fun pictures of my family over the years. The unfortunate thing - we were raised in the 70s and 80s when style was beyond anything we've ever seen. I have some great pictures I am scanning and will add some to this blog.

I love these two pictures - one of my Dad before he served a mission in New York. The other is my Mom's graduation picture from Bountiful High School in Bountiful, UT in 1961. I love these pictures - the world is at their fingertips. They are so young. Having my Mom in our home sparks discussions and stories about when she was a kid growing up in Pocatello & Twin Falls Idaho and then to Bountiful at age 15. The plans she had for her life, the time at BYU, dating, and marrying my Dad. I enjoy the stories. My kids do too.
I love my scanner! Thanks Buddy for the inspiration. It's good to look back and learn of our family's past.

1 comment:

Aprilyn said...

Your parents look so great. Believe me, I understand the crazy styles of the 70's. I will post a picture on my blog of my orange jumpsuit. Maybe I should have been in prison!! Do you think someday our kids will look back at their pictures and be embarrassed about the style of their clothes?